
August 15th in the evening, two of our children arrived. Jenny came with her oldest daughter Amelia. David brought his wife, Camille. Amelia raised a pig last year with 4-H and sold it at the fair. She saved that money to come to Cambodia. What a gal! We were so excited to see them all. Scott had not seen them for two years and I got to be with them for several days at Varci's wedding. For some odd reason, my camera lens gets fogged up and I don't realize it until after I take the picture. The children posing for me are from an orphanage about 30 kilometers from Phnom Penh. They are sponsored by a Christian church from Korea. Some of those officials were coming in, so they brought the children to greet these officials. We were waiting for our kids and we struck up a good conversation with their leaders when they noticed we were Christian also. No prejudice on their part, at all. It was refreshing. They allowed me to snap a picture of their very well behaved children. Camille and Jenny get their first tuk tuk ride! We had been to a Zone Conference this day, August 16th for the North Zone, where they also participated by David talking, Jenny accompanying on the piano and Camille and Millie singing, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." The power went out and Jenny ended up singing also. After, I took them all to some of the markets to shop. We all had a great time.

August 17th, one of the first things they wanted to do was take some books to the orphanage that is owned by an LDS woman near our North District Center. Jenny and Millie had gathered books, mainly picture, and Millie brought Taffy and bracelets for everyone. So they lined up and everyone received the items. They enjoyed the books. Even the older children because they are trying to learn to speak English and those books help them know words. They also danced for us and I will post a video or two of their dancing. They are very good, and I understand that they have danced for the King of Cambodia.

They all do things to help bring money into the orphange to help them be sustaining. They grow mushrooms which is quite a process and sell them and also make friendhsip bracelets, crochet items like doileys and shawls. They are amazing children besides singing and dancing The sister who runs this orphanage does such a great job with them, as if they were her own children.
Traditional Aspara Dance
Coconut Dance
My personal favorite: The Monkey Dance
No comments:
Post a Comment