Thursday, September 22, 2011

Angkor Wat Park with the Fam


We took a preparation day August 20th and took the family to the famous Angkor Wat Park. On the way in, we saw a lot of monkeys. This one must be the King or Queen, (I didn't look too close!) of the group. You don't want to mess with him, he will snatch a peanut or banana out of your hand! This was the first time I saw monkeys climb on our vehicle. Once we opened the door to leave, they hopped off. Of course we had a few peanuts we threw out to get them off too! The first temple we went to was in the Bayon because that is where the elephants are. They are right across from that temple. It isn't part of the Angkor Temple,but one all to itself.

The view looks different from an elephant! Camille and David went first, then Jenny and Amelia and we were the last ones on and followed them. It is interesting how they get people on and off the elephants.

I decided I wanted a bigger picture in the blog as proof that Scott and I really rode an elephant.

Jenny, Camille, and Amelia were brave in letting the elephant grab a banana. He takes them out of their hand and throws it in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment