Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Final Trip to Vietnam-Ho Chi Minh


We embarked on June 14, 2012 with Sisters Bayles and Sparks in tow to help with Zone Conference and other translating and also to give them an opportunity to work with the sisters there and see Vietnam. Upon our arrival, I took the Sisters to see the Bin Than Market near our Hotel before we took them to stay with the other sister missionaries.  The people in the market were enthralled with both sisters because they could speak Vietnamse so well and were so friendly.  I think they sensed something special there!  We also saw all of these different kind of noodles.

We had a great final Zone Conference and as always we feel such a strong spirit with those missionaries (branch builders) who serve there inVietnam.  They certainly have been prepared for a "day such as this". Sister Blinn, one of our senior couple LDSC missionaries, loves the dessert that has the 3 kinds of mousse (sp?) : vanilla, chocolate and the other?  I do not remember.  Except she says it is delicious.

We were anxious to see the new building that has been approved for a new branch.  It is big and beautiful and can be adapted to the needs of the church.  Hopefully, soon, the Vietnamese government will approve this change.

We also had a District Conference while we were there after the Zone conference. Elder Gong came over to preside for that and his wife accompanied him.  The sister in the plaid is the branch president's wife. She embroidered Scott and I a picture that they put into a clock. They presented it to us framed and with the clock. This took time and money.  They are not a wealthy, by an means, family except in spirit!  And to give us something that took some money to frame, etc. was very touching to us.  He is a dear branch president.  They lived over one hour away, but moved to a little home 1/2 hour closer.  Sister Gong poses with a sister who is one of the oldest members of the branch. She was baptized during the time of the Vietnam War and was in the first branch to be formed in Vietnam.  She is faithful and a wonderful woman.

I love this dear sister. She is a very special person and has suffered persecution from family and loved ones since she joined the church and believes in Jesus Christ.  She has had special dreams and has a fervent and abiding testimony of the Book of Mormon. She told me with all the persecution that "I know the truth, and I will move forward."  My heroine!  The other cute sister translated for me. I am terrible with all the names, so sorry!

The Relief Society President made this arrangement of flowers for the Conference.  I thought they were beautiful. The little sister in pink is the daughter of the new member I described.  The rest of the pictures are with many that we love.


Our missionaries in front (oops, branch builders) along with our two sisters who are serving, Sister Gong and me along with other sisters in the branch.

The sister in purple was set apart as a missionary.  She went to Atlanta.  She is Sister Buu, and her brother who is a returned missionary is standing by her.   

From branch 3 in Cambodia, Sister Trung is/was in Ho Chi Minh to receive her training from Sister Huong (big).  She is an outstanding young woman and her brother back in Branch 3 in Cambodia just got baptized last week!  A blessing already from her service.





We made another trip over to the "new" building for Elder Gong to check it and I just ook some pictures on what is seen nearby and across the street.
We had a wonderful last visit there and we are forever grateful for the branch builders, members, and investigators that we have loved and worked with.  Thank you for your love and kindness to us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment