Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 2, Through the Valley and back up the mountain.


More beautiful rice fields that we walked through on a very nice path. Sisters Sparks and Bayles bought themselves a very good Vietnamese hat.  I just wore my visor.  Our little guide stuck with us. She lives up further behind us on a little farm. They do have a moto, at least!

These cute little ladies wanted us all to purchase from them. they have their wares in their purses.

More rice fields.  Below is an outfit for the yellow Hmong. The blue clothing is worn by the blue what I think they call the Black Hmong.  I think they call it that and it really means darker clothing.

Loved all the purses.  I would have liked to buy one but have some others and I didn't need it.


As I was walking and talking with our young guide she put her hand around me and so I put my arm around her.  I surely wish we could have taught about the church. But it is against the law.  She did say several of the Hmong in that area are Christian.

 I
I should have put the water buffalos in a bigger picture instead of this one because you can't see them very well.    I do not know what this liquid is in the bowls.

Coming off the mountain we spied these young kids riding on their water bufflos. Yea!  we made it back in town and the spectacular scenery from the Hotel.  We rode back to the train station this night and rode the train all night back to Hanoi.  Ate some breakfast somewhere, and went to the airport and changed our clothes their before we checked our luggage in. We got back to Phnom Penh about 12:30 p.m. that day. A short visit, but a great one.  I have sweet memories of the Hmong and the scenery.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment