On the 22nd of October we left for Kampong Thom for their branch conference. They had had many floods up there and much of the rice was destroyed. Scott wanted to go visit some of the members who needed to be challenged to come back and/or prepare to go to the Temple. Two of these members lived down this street. The further we walked the deeper it got until it was almost up just above my knees.

The branch President, President Omyii and his counselor escort us down the street. I added two of Scott's phone pictures. I wanted to make sure I had a picture of me walking in the flood waters! Elders Hill and Oleson are enjoying their walk.

Well, if you can't beat it, join it. I loved how he made a homemade floatie device with empty pop liter bottles. Quite ingenious. He just laughed and waved as we walked by. Keep in mind that I am in my skirt, trying to daintily hold it up, but yet not too far so that nothing is revealed! I'm afraid those following me probably had to close their eyes.

The cows were calmly eating while the water was about up to their belly. You could smell that the water wasn't all that clean because I could smell the cow pies!

This young man came to save us in his canoe. So we all climbed in. It wasn't all that easy climbing into a canoe from a little over 2 feet of water and trying to stay modest. I finally had to say to the brethren: Please close your eyes. We had to sit totally still or else the canoe would sway back and forth and you felt like you were going to tip into the water! It was a great adventure. Elder Hill, one of our assistants, is totally enjoying himself.


No comments:
Post a Comment