
We took our Church History Department guests and Elder Pratt to two FHE's Monday the 23rd. This first one is with the Central District President's Home. The blurry picture is the best one of their family. My camera got fogged up, but I liked it well enough to put on anyway. Their little boy's name is Johnson. Elder Turley takes alot of pictures for his department.
The next house is the Lam's whom Scott and I visited last week. President Lam is on the left. Hisbrother is next to him and he gave the lesson out of the Liahona on Holding to the Rod and what we need to do to follow the prophet. The others sitting there are members of the 10th branch. The man is the former branch president of the 10th branch who lives in President Lam's branch now.
Sister Lam, the sister of President Lam, did the game of folding a $100 riel note (worth maybe one cent in USDollars). You had to follow instructions exactly and if you got it you had to help someone in your group accomplish the task. I needed alot of help and ALMOST got it. So some gave us their's. The point was to follow the prophet and then when you are strong help others to also be obedient. Afterwards, we were served sticky rice with durian sauce. It was surprisingly very good! I say surprisingly because Durian is a fruit that really has a bad odor before it's cooked and probably while it's cooking. It is NOT a pleasant smell at all , and I was very happy to find out that the taste was much better than the smell. At least the cooked durian. I don't think I will ever try the fresh one. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment