Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dinner at Victoria Peak-Hong Kong


Our last night in Hong Kong for the seminar, we went to dinner at Victoria Peak. It has a great view of Hong Kong, Kowloon, and other areas of the city. This particular night, it was really cloudy. There were two tables of mission presidents and their wives, the area presidency and their wives, Elder and Sister Arnold, executive area secretary, and Elder Hinckley. Scott and I are,. . . well, I guess you can find us!

Scott took this shot of the tallest building in Hong Kong, I believe.

We made it back to Phnom Penh! We made friends with these two Japanese people in Ho Chi Minh. The young woman, Koko, is 23 and meeting a friend at a hotel for a week to study midwifery and tour. The young man, his name sounded something like: suyichi, is here on vacation and also didn't know where his hotel was. We told Koko we would make sure she got safe to her hotel. Suyichi (probably not right name) asked if he could come along too. His hotel was harder to find, but it was a place we thought some of our senior couples might like, so we are going to go check it out one of these days. Koko was so grateful for us that she wants to come to our church (she thinks that is where we live) to visit us. The seminar was uplifting, spiritual, and we learned where we could improve in helping our missionaries be better teachers. It was three days of learning and sharing. Plus the food was soooo good, I had to control myself so I wouldn't pig out, and that was hard! But, I made it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment