Saturday, August 4, 2012

Relief Society Sisters come to say Goodbye and Thank you.


I was contacted after the North District Conference by the District Relief Society Presidency saying that a few sisters wanted to come by and say goodbye.  We set a date and time.  I was totally surprised to see such a large group and also a couple of the brethren came.  They brought fruit and gifts and all went around saying something that they learned from us or appreciated about us.  It was overwhelming to me and Scott that they would take time, give us gifts and then verbally tell us thanks and why they appreciated us.  Truly it was tearful and touching to our heart strings.  Two of them even gave me material for Khmer skirts, took my measurements and they were waiting for me when we returned from Vietnam.  And they fit nice too.  I appreciate their sacrifice to give us when most of them have so little. I think each branch in the North District was represented by a Relief Society president or one of her counselors or both.

The District Relief society President is in the orange. The sister who has battled colon cancer is on the left and had one more treatment to go before we left.  She is doing well, but will need to have the "bag" on the rest of her life, much to her dismay.  But she is always to church and thinking positive and is very appreciative that she is alive to raise her two children. Their oldest daughter died several years ago in an accident. Someone hit her while she was riding her bike, I believe.  We were there when the family went to the Temple to be sealed.  We didn't go to the Temple because it was in Hong Kong but we spoke to the group and met them when they came back so full of the spirit and so pleased to be sealed as a family.

I had never had this treat and it was very delicious.  Kind of a cake cooked fruit. But did I catch the name?  Nope.   So Sorry!  Thanks again for all your kindness to us!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment