Monday, April 9, 2012

Central District Conference March 24-25


Our first family visit was to this very kind man who teaches school. He has family in Vietnam, but hasn't seen them in years.  He is very very clean and tidy. Scott gave him this tie.

Also visiting with us was the 6th branch President Kiet, District President Trieu and his counselor and 1 0 branch president, President Ut Thi.  President Kiet had a daughter in the hospital with cancer at that time and he still was so faithful to come and visit with us for a couple of hours.

Our last visit was to the former district president and his family. They were very gracious and kind to us and we enjoyed our visit with them. All whom we visited came and particpated in the conference.

The auxiliary leaders in the district and branch who came to the training that I did. Afterward, many wanted pictures with me because this is the last training I will do for them.  There was a great spirit there and I hope some learning took place.

Sister Mai was one of our missionaries as one Sister Vo on the right. Sister Thui was also a missionary, but with President Winegar. I feel like she was one of ours too!  We love all of these young women. They served well.  And are now a strength in the district and in their branches. Sister Thui loved the starfish story I told. So she wanted a picture of me with the star fish so that she could remember the story.  It touched her heart.

Sister Hai holds up a temple card that I gave all who wanted one. Some chose a card with a picture of Jesus. Some of the children wanted to take picture cards home to all of their siblings. But I had to not share all of my pictures because I still have 3 more District trainings and I want to have enough pictures to share with all of those sisters also. All of the rest of the pictures show women who wanted to get in the group.

The Sister on the right is the District RS President. She is a kind and very generous person. Willing to help many and she has three small children. She took in 6 children of the sister who passed away while the widower went to Vietnam. She treated them as if they were her own and they love her. The two little girls on the left are two of the children of the diseased sister. They sang I Want to See the Temple, to their Mom right after she died.  Their Primary leaders helped them and there was not a dry eye in the group when they were through. I love the beautiful Vietnamse dresses. 

The District Presidency.

President Kiet, 6th branch.

President Lam, 3rd Branch. 

President Smedley with 4 of our fine Vietnamse speaking missionaries.  Elders LeNguyen, Sanford, Phan, and Humpherys. Elder Phan just got transferred to Ho Chi Minh.  He is Vietnamse, but raised in the USA as is Elder LeNguyen.
We had a great conference and can see progress in unity in the district.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment