These are two wonderful families in the two branches in Battambang. I think both of these families are in the 2nd Branch. They are a great strength. The young woman on the right in the black jacket sang her first solo ever at the dedication. She sang, "I'm trying to Be Like Jesus" She had it all memorized and sang it in Khmer. Her whole family were praying for her so much. When she was finished the whole congregation of about 200 or more broke out in applause!:) I had the privilege of accompanying her on the piano.
The building is just a beautiful building and very imposing from the street. I have other pictures on a blog as the building was being built. I will try to get a picture of it from the street. Two of our fine missionaries: Elders Faught and Warr pose for me outside the building right before the dedication.
I tried to get all in attendance in the pictures. Sister Loy translated the dedicatory prayer and President Bunno, the District President, said the prayer. Sister Loy is one of our sister missionaries and is in teh middle picture.
The local branch leaders and their counselors and President Bunno in front. Our assistants are also in this picture and the little gal who sang. I'm sorry I can't remember her name. I need to start writing the names down. Scott is good with the names. Me, not so good.
This sister is so faithful. She holds church assignments and never misses. She wanted her picture taken with us and Brother Kim Sang who is the service center manager and arranged for the temporal arrangements for the building and needed to make sure all was as it should be in the building. All in all, it was one special day up in Battambang. Battambang is the first of our 4 provinces where we have branches to get a chapel. The next one is Siem Reap. It is getting on the drawing board and government approvals to begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment