Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Vietnam Landscape and School for Handicapped

While traveling home from Cu Chi I tried to get a video of the landscape just out of Ho Chi Minh.


We stopped at a school for the handicapped that Elder and Sister Jackson are working with for LDSC. They have helped with some equipment, I believe. This little gal has graduated from this school and now is the librarian. As you can see she works the computer with her feet because her hands are pretty useless and just hang down her sides. She speaks English by typing on the computer. She also is getting pretty popular as an artist. She paints Vietnam landscapes and other things dear to her. She does this all with her feet. She is a happy postive person. Her painting are so popular that they were all sold. But I bought a pretty floral centerpiece made and designed by other physically handicapped people. So, we felt like we were helping a little bit for the school. Below is the landscaping. I don't know, but wondered if it also was done by some of their students trying to learn a skill so they can be self-sustaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment